15.Feb.2019 - Yep...still done. Most likely last post.

I've given it 3 months. I still have no desire to fly again. The thought doesn't terrify me, it just doesn't stimulate me enough to make the effort to get back into the cockpit. I still have times when I'll obsess over my last flight so it's still bothering me. I'm generally not losing sleep (literally) so that's good. This project was intended to challenge me to do something completely out of my experience (it did), and provide a bit of fun (less so that). Because flying is something that requires total attention to detail, all of the scheduling, planning, pre-flight, in-flight, and post-flight work tended to turn something that should have been 'fun' into 'a project' for each flight. In the 1.5 years I was flying, the number of times I could just enjoy the scenery and felt a sense of accomplishment were pretty low. Add to that the high cost of failure, and the net outcome is no greater than a 'meh'.

So, it was an experience I'm glad I had and I'm sorry it ended the way it did.

I think I'll try baking...

Comments