16.Apr.2017
Epoch; 1492389036
Captains Blog Update
This has been an effort to try and figure out how to learn. I think I have two concepts that may work...I'll know after tomorrow's flight.
Epoch; 1492389036
Captains Blog Update
This has been an effort to try and figure out how to learn. I think I have two concepts that may work...I'll know after tomorrow's flight.
- I think I have managed to put together a small table that includes most of the basic maneuvers used to fly along with key points on how to execute the maneuver. (table at the end)
- When I do software development and get stuck on a problem, I spend a lot of time talking to myself; a variant of 'talk to the duck'. Tomorrow what I'm going to do is see if Rick will let me do something like that. When he issues a command, I'll repeat it back to him to confirm I heard what he said then I'll try and pull the relevant row out of the table below (from memory) and explain to Rick what I intend to do and sometimes why. If I have the inputs wrong (which means my cheat sheet is wrong), I'll ask him to correct me. After the flight, I'll mark up the table, fix it when I get home and use it for the next flight. I'm hoping his will be a self-correcting learning loop.
| Typical Settings | |||||||
| Altitude-AGL | Altitude-MSL | Stick | Speed | RPM | Flaps | ||
| Airport Elevation | 0 | 1276 | -- | -- | -- | -- | |
| Idle RPM | -- | -- | -- | -- | 1000 | -- | |
| Taxi RPM | -- | -- | -- | -- | 1000(+) | -- | |
| Climb out-flaps | -- | -- | -- | 62 | Full | -- | |
| Climb out-no flaps | -- | -- | -- | 65 | Full | -- | |
| S&L-Cruise (speed = throttle, altitude = attitude) |
-- | Variable | -- | 85-90 (green band) | 2100-2450 | Up | 40-75%, Nominal 2300 or 2400 |
| Ascend/descend < 200’ | Use stick only | ||||||
| Ascend in Cruise | -- | -- | 1. Pull back, pitch controls speed. | 65-75 | 2. Increase | -- | |
| Descend in Cruise | -- | -- | Nose will pitch down | -- | 1. Decrease. RPM controls rate of descent | -- | |
| Slow Flight (speed = attitude, altitude = throttle) |
-- | -- | -- | White band | -- | -- | |
| Ascend in Slow Flight | -- | -- | Push forward to maintain speed | -- | Increase | -- | |
| Descend in Slow Flight | -- | -- | Pull back to maintain speed | -- | Decrease | -- | |
| LANDING | |||||||
| Downwind Leg | 1000 | 2276 | -- | 70 | 1500 | Up | Runway about ½ point of spar |
| Abeam the numbers | 1000 | 2276 | -- | 70 | ?? | 10 | Start Descent |
| Turn to Base | 700-800 | 2076 | -- | 52 | Minimum | 25 | 1.4 Vso = 52 |
| Turn to Final | 500 | 1776 | -- | 48 | Minimum | Full | 1.3 Vso = 48 |
| Final-no/low crosswind | Rudder to line up | Minimum | Full | ||||
| Vso = 37 KIAS | |||||||
Comments
Post a Comment