18.Apr.2017
No flight today-ceiling was below limits
1.5 instructor hours (I think)
What we did today:
It's also interesting that I don't need a medical exam to do sport pilot but would if I wanted a private pilot license. Rick sees this as a problem (as do I). He has some students for SPL that can barely get into out of the aircraft...WTF? That's OK? It seems that the FAA has positioned sport pilots as folks who only fly in clear air on weekends in uncontrolled airspace. I guess if it wasn't working (lots of sport pilots turning into lawn darts because of health issues), then the FAA would change the rule.
Well, guess it's time to start cracking the books.
Next flight tomorrow; weather looking good.
No flight today-ceiling was below limits
1.5 instructor hours (I think)
What we did today:
- Paperwork.
- Reviewed 'stuff I need to know'. I thought the FDA was bad. They got nuthin' on the FAA:

- And that's just for starters...maps, symbols, aircraft manual...
- Applied for my student pilot certificate.
It's also interesting that I don't need a medical exam to do sport pilot but would if I wanted a private pilot license. Rick sees this as a problem (as do I). He has some students for SPL that can barely get into out of the aircraft...WTF? That's OK? It seems that the FAA has positioned sport pilots as folks who only fly in clear air on weekends in uncontrolled airspace. I guess if it wasn't working (lots of sport pilots turning into lawn darts because of health issues), then the FAA would change the rule.
Well, guess it's time to start cracking the books.
Next flight tomorrow; weather looking good.
Comments
Post a Comment