Date: 02.Aug.2017
Flight: 30
Flight Hours: 1.9
Solo Flight Hours: 0.8
Instructor Hours:1.5
Landings: 6
Solo Landings: 3
What we did today:
Flight: 30
Flight Hours: 1.9
Solo Flight Hours: 0.8
Instructor Hours:1.5
Landings: 6
Solo Landings: 3
What we did today:
- Low winds, light traffic, confidence building day for sure.
- We're in 'checkride practice' mode so:
- Steep turns
- Slow flight
- Power off stall
- Power on stall
- Emergency power out
- Did it once with Rick and again as a solo
- Maneuvers are getting tighter. I need to split out the kml files and get a better look at altitude and speed profiles for today but I think I'm in spec for private so better than sport.
- 5 of 6 landings were pretty good. Without any real cross winds I managed to land close to the center line with little or no side load.
- My second solo landing was low and slow and Rick thinks I had a tail strike. I rounded out a bit high and, with limited energy, dropped onto the runway. It didn't feel overly hard but I was aware that I was too high.
- Book larnin'...got the Gleim book and have started working the problems. Need to just keep it up.
- I am also putting together a set of 'pattern entry' diagrams that I can use to help me get into the pattern for any runway from the correct direction. I went over it with Rick and had the basics pretty good. I'll put together a set for each runway and each airport I'm likely to land at. It'll help me know that for Runway <x> if I'm coming from <north or south> enter via a 45 to the downwind or overfly and teardrop into the downwind.
- Just study
Comments
Post a Comment