Mulit-flight post
Flights: 31 and 32
Dates: 14.Aug and 16.Aug.2017
Total Hours: 2.8No Solo Hours
Total Landings: 8
End of log page totals:
Total Hours: 46.8
Solo Hours: 3.2
Total Landings: 191
Solo Landings: 15
Summary:
Bad weather and being sick took me out of the cockpit for a week and a few days. I finally got back up this Monday and Wed.
We're doing checkride practice on every flight. Each flight we do takeoff, steep turns, slow flight, power off stall, power on stall, engine out practice, pattern work, and landings.
Monday, Rick tossed in a 'diversion'; as we were flying he asked me to find and go to <random airport> without using the on-board electronics. I always carry my iPad, paper maps, runway charts, and an E6B but they're always in the back of the plane...oops. Time to at least get the chart out for ready access.
Wed we did a dual cross-country to prepare for a 2nd try at doing the solo XC. This flight went way better than my last dual. The plan was to do dual in the morning, come back for a refuel and updated weather brief, then fly the solo in the afternoon. Sooooo....summer in the south, ground heating, mountains, wicked humidity...can you sense what's coming? A low cloud base was building and the afternoon weather looked kind of sketchy so we elected to not do the solo. I'll try again next Friday.
These last two days were a much needed confidence booster. The weather was pretty calm, cross-winds were moderate, and traffic pretty mellow (i.e. no brain overloads). Landings were OK. For some reason I want to flair too high so 2 of the landings were not pretty. The rest were fair and I felt pretty good about them. Let's just say they were good enough that Rick was OK with me doing the XC solo a week out.
Monday we did 3 power outs, one on downwind, one at just above 1000' AGL on take-off, and one out in the practice area where the landing area was going to be the median of I85. That was kind of fun! I made both runway power outs and would have landed the freeway one.
What I'm working on:
What I need to work on:
Monday
Wed
Visit with my Dr. next week for a physical and to discuss a referral for a neurological study. After that one really bad day, I'm doing much better but I'll feel better knowing how my profile has changed since just after my concussion.
Flights: 31 and 32
Dates: 14.Aug and 16.Aug.2017
Total Hours: 2.8No Solo Hours
Total Landings: 8
End of log page totals:
Total Hours: 46.8
Solo Hours: 3.2
Total Landings: 191
Solo Landings: 15
Summary:
Bad weather and being sick took me out of the cockpit for a week and a few days. I finally got back up this Monday and Wed.
We're doing checkride practice on every flight. Each flight we do takeoff, steep turns, slow flight, power off stall, power on stall, engine out practice, pattern work, and landings.
Monday, Rick tossed in a 'diversion'; as we were flying he asked me to find and go to <random airport> without using the on-board electronics. I always carry my iPad, paper maps, runway charts, and an E6B but they're always in the back of the plane...oops. Time to at least get the chart out for ready access.
Wed we did a dual cross-country to prepare for a 2nd try at doing the solo XC. This flight went way better than my last dual. The plan was to do dual in the morning, come back for a refuel and updated weather brief, then fly the solo in the afternoon. Sooooo....summer in the south, ground heating, mountains, wicked humidity...can you sense what's coming? A low cloud base was building and the afternoon weather looked kind of sketchy so we elected to not do the solo. I'll try again next Friday.
These last two days were a much needed confidence booster. The weather was pretty calm, cross-winds were moderate, and traffic pretty mellow (i.e. no brain overloads). Landings were OK. For some reason I want to flair too high so 2 of the landings were not pretty. The rest were fair and I felt pretty good about them. Let's just say they were good enough that Rick was OK with me doing the XC solo a week out.
Monday we did 3 power outs, one on downwind, one at just above 1000' AGL on take-off, and one out in the practice area where the landing area was going to be the median of I85. That was kind of fun! I made both runway power outs and would have landed the freeway one.
What I'm working on:
- Gleim study. I've done the first pass through the book and now need to go back and rework the failed questions.
- Once I'm good with the Gleim, I'll take practice/timed FAA tests.
What I need to work on:
- Oral questions
- Memorize emergency procedures
- Memorization of all the Skycatcher stuff; systems, V speeds, etc.
Monday
Wed
Visit with my Dr. next week for a physical and to discuss a referral for a neurological study. After that one really bad day, I'm doing much better but I'll feel better knowing how my profile has changed since just after my concussion.
Comments
Post a Comment