Date: 08.Sep.2017
Flight 33
Flight Hours: 1.5
Solo Hours: 0
Landings: 8
More check ride practice with lots of landings today. The intent starting out was to work on short and soft field takeoffs and landings but most of them were just normal landings and takeoffs. There was a fair amount of turbulence and some cross-wind so doing standard landings was a good thing today.
We did two forward slips today which I haven't done very often. Feels totally weird.
Bad today: pattern altitude. It's 2300 and I kept drifting down toward 2200 which would have busted my checkride. I think this was another case of task splitting that I failed to handle properly; pay attention to speed and heading, lost the altitude.
Good today: The pattern was pretty busy today and I was able to keep up with the radio pretty good. Maneuvers were good although looking at my steep turns on CloudAhoy looks REALLY weird...I got good feedback on the turns but I'm guessing Rick didn't have a clue they looked like they did.000
Rick says my DPE is adding material to his check rides that we haven't really practiced:
Turns around a point or S turns.
Landing over a 50' obstacle.
Accelerated stalls (stall while in a climbing turn). That was interesting to have to add in leveling the wings in addition to keeping the nose pointed at the horizon.
Friday is scheduled for my cross country. After today's flight Rick is good with me doing solo so if the weather holds, I'll get that off the list of items to do.
Met with my physician today and got approval for a referral to the neurologist. It'll probably be a couple of months before I get in so I should have my cert before I go. I'm doing better but still want to do the neuro to see how I'm doing relative to 2007/8. As long as I keep having days like today and Rick isn't having doubts, I'll keep moving forward.
Flight 33
Flight Hours: 1.5
Solo Hours: 0
Landings: 8
More check ride practice with lots of landings today. The intent starting out was to work on short and soft field takeoffs and landings but most of them were just normal landings and takeoffs. There was a fair amount of turbulence and some cross-wind so doing standard landings was a good thing today.
We did two forward slips today which I haven't done very often. Feels totally weird.
Bad today: pattern altitude. It's 2300 and I kept drifting down toward 2200 which would have busted my checkride. I think this was another case of task splitting that I failed to handle properly; pay attention to speed and heading, lost the altitude.
Good today: The pattern was pretty busy today and I was able to keep up with the radio pretty good. Maneuvers were good although looking at my steep turns on CloudAhoy looks REALLY weird...I got good feedback on the turns but I'm guessing Rick didn't have a clue they looked like they did.000
Rick says my DPE is adding material to his check rides that we haven't really practiced:
Turns around a point or S turns.
Landing over a 50' obstacle.
Accelerated stalls (stall while in a climbing turn). That was interesting to have to add in leveling the wings in addition to keeping the nose pointed at the horizon.
Friday is scheduled for my cross country. After today's flight Rick is good with me doing solo so if the weather holds, I'll get that off the list of items to do.
Met with my physician today and got approval for a referral to the neurologist. It'll probably be a couple of months before I get in so I should have my cert before I go. I'm doing better but still want to do the neuro to see how I'm doing relative to 2007/8. As long as I keep having days like today and Rick isn't having doubts, I'll keep moving forward.
Comments
Post a Comment