Week of 06.Nov.2017
Monday: no fly - weather
Wed: no fly - weather
Wed afternoon: plane is broke...bolt on one of the struts is bad. Cessna doesn't make the part any more. The 'spare' Skycatcher (flipped and destroyed in a windstorm earlier this year) has bad bolts. None on the market. Search under way for a replacement or to find a machine shop to custom build another.
I'm out of the plane at least until next week and possibly longer.
Cross-country for this week is a non-starter.
I'm booked for Monday and am hoping they get the plane fixed.
Written test: I've been taking practice tests on-line. I miss 13 every time for a score of 78.3%. 70% is passing. Rick wants me to hit 80% consistently before I take the real test. I screw up at least 2 questions by mis-reading the question or answer...just dumb mistakes. I also guess some answers if I don't have pen/paper/calculator at hand. I'll keep working the practice tests but should be able to take it sometime after Thanksgiving.
Check-ride: not scheduled yet but we're thinking early Dec (can't if I haven't finished the FAA written) or Jan (to get us past the holidays). I'm thinking I want to push to Jan at this point. That'll put it after my neuro and the holidays and give me plenty of time to complete the written without rushing.
All of this depends on getting the plane working again...more to follow.
Monday: no fly - weather
Wed: no fly - weather
Wed afternoon: plane is broke...bolt on one of the struts is bad. Cessna doesn't make the part any more. The 'spare' Skycatcher (flipped and destroyed in a windstorm earlier this year) has bad bolts. None on the market. Search under way for a replacement or to find a machine shop to custom build another.
I'm out of the plane at least until next week and possibly longer.
Cross-country for this week is a non-starter.
I'm booked for Monday and am hoping they get the plane fixed.
Written test: I've been taking practice tests on-line. I miss 13 every time for a score of 78.3%. 70% is passing. Rick wants me to hit 80% consistently before I take the real test. I screw up at least 2 questions by mis-reading the question or answer...just dumb mistakes. I also guess some answers if I don't have pen/paper/calculator at hand. I'll keep working the practice tests but should be able to take it sometime after Thanksgiving.
Check-ride: not scheduled yet but we're thinking early Dec (can't if I haven't finished the FAA written) or Jan (to get us past the holidays). I'm thinking I want to push to Jan at this point. That'll put it after my neuro and the holidays and give me plenty of time to complete the written without rushing.
All of this depends on getting the plane working again...more to follow.
Comments
Post a Comment