Week of 13.Nov.2017
No joy for cross country. Weather, winds, and a schedule screw up. I got up two days and we did more laps around the runway 11 for the first time ever. 11-29 is less than 5000' so I can only fly it with Rick. When you land it looks exactly like you're going to smash into some power lines!
Next Monday looks like a keeper so I'm hoping to do my XC then...
I've been taking practice FAA tests and am scoring above 80%...consistently...I can't get above about 83% even when I do all the practice questions for a given area. I'm scheduled to do the test the Monday after Dinosaur Dissection Day. Rick has to give me an endorsement to take the test. Months ago, he said to schedule it once I got above 80%. Last week he said 'above 90%'. No clue which it is but I'm going to work for the 90% target. I think some of the test should be easier since you get a book of figures and don't have to do distance/angle estimates on the computer screen (which totally sucks).
No joy for cross country. Weather, winds, and a schedule screw up. I got up two days and we did more laps around the runway 11 for the first time ever. 11-29 is less than 5000' so I can only fly it with Rick. When you land it looks exactly like you're going to smash into some power lines!
Next Monday looks like a keeper so I'm hoping to do my XC then...
I've been taking practice FAA tests and am scoring above 80%...consistently...I can't get above about 83% even when I do all the practice questions for a given area. I'm scheduled to do the test the Monday after Dinosaur Dissection Day. Rick has to give me an endorsement to take the test. Months ago, he said to schedule it once I got above 80%. Last week he said 'above 90%'. No clue which it is but I'm going to work for the 90% target. I think some of the test should be easier since you get a book of figures and don't have to do distance/angle estimates on the computer screen (which totally sucks).
Comments
Post a Comment