Week of 20.Nov.2017

Flew Monday (XC), Tue, and Wed.  Planned mini-XC on Friday had to be cancelled due to dog problems.

We're now in 'Check Ride Practice Mode'. Every flight is intended to mimic the  check-ride (looking to be 2nd week in Jan).
Tuesday went really well.
Wed I couldn't do steep turns to save myself; it took 3 tries to stay in spec (+/- 100 for our training, actual spec is +/- 200). I was dropping below 200' on one of the loops. I think I was spending too much time trying to keep the ball centered but then again, I've not been getting a ton of sleep (sick dog) so it may just have been that.

Tue/Wed had 3-4 knot cross winds. I'm finally 'seeing' the drift after round out but need lots of practice to smooth out the landing. None of them were horrible and I'm doing a better job of keeping the plane on a more gentle descent if I round out too high (which I did). It's getting there but needs lots of tweaking.


Comments