Date: 10.Jul.2017
Flight Number: 21
Flight Hours: 1.9
Solo Hours: 0.5
Instructor Hours: 2.5
Landings: 8
Solo Landings: 3
What we did today:
Flight Number: 21
Flight Hours: 1.9
Solo Hours: 0.5
Instructor Hours: 2.5
Landings: 8
Solo Landings: 3
What we did today:
- Flew to Winder and did landings. Third solo landing set today
- Sitting up taller seems to have helped a ton with runway alignment. Score one for the short guy!
- Pattern work is a bit more squared up. (link to graphic to follow)
- Because I'm lined up better, less side load on the main wheels.
- Sitting up taller also changed my view of the final phase of landing and I failed to keep the nose up as high as I should on one of my solo landings...Rick called it a '3 point landing'. Not as bad as landing on the nose wheel first but a no-no at any rate.
- Radio calls at Winder. I got stuck on 'Gainesville' for the first half dozen calls...durrrr.
- Wash, rinse, repeat
- Every landing better than the one before.
- Every pattern better than the one before.
- Radio calls. This time I got the 'two nine' thing down but blew one turn call (called base when I was on downwind) and mis-identified a runway I'd cleared after landing.
- Off for the rest of this week. Not going to think much about flying this week.
Comments
Post a Comment