Date: 26.Jul.2017
Flight Number: 27
Flight Hours: 1.1
Solo Hours: 0
Instructor Hours: 1.5
Landings: 5
Solo Landings: 0
What we did today:
Flight Number: 27
Flight Hours: 1.1
Solo Hours: 0
Instructor Hours: 1.5
Landings: 5
Solo Landings: 0
What we did today:
- More soft/short field take-offs and landings
- Engine out landing
- Side slip to a landing
- Regular take-offs and landings
- Flew to Habersham and back
- Scheduled my check ride on 18.Sept. <gulp> It'll be at Greenwood SC. Nervous as hell right now. Humbled that Rick is confident enough to put me up for this since my results reflect on him. I don't mind screwing up if it affects me but I hate screwing up other people.
- Emergency landing was pretty good. That landing included the side slip since we were approaching way too high. First time doing that and it was OK but not terribly pretty. Not enough rudder, too much rudder, speed too low, on track....land. Nothing broke so I'll take it.
- Getting into the pattern at Habersham and back at Gainesville went as smooth as anything I've done. Both approaches were dead simple with no need to try and figure out which way to get into the pattern so I'm not going to rest on my laurels just yet.
- Pattern and altitude control were better. The KML for today's flight actually has flat spots while I'm in the pattern and between GVL and AJR. Whoo whoo!
- Landings are getting better. This is a week I'm flying 4 days so I'm hoping that close and repeated practice will get me over the hump and to more consistently good/OK landings.
- We did a short/soft field landing and that was a bit side loaded. I was planning a short field landing and Rick tossed in the soft field on final. My confusion didn't help...The idea is that when you need a short field landing it's most likely to be on grass so you'll have to do a soft field landing as well. We hadn't practiced that and the combo isn't on the checklist. Conceptually you land short and keep the nose wheel off the ground. Sounds simple...HA!
- Keep improving the flying skills
- Buckle down on paper study and focus on passing the written and oral tests as well as the actual check ride.
- Toasted...been a busy day. Not going to do much tonight.
Comments
Post a Comment