Date: 24.Jul.2017
Flight Number: 24
Flight Hours:1.4
Solo Hours: 0.0
Instructor Hours:1.8
Landings: 8
Solo Landings: 0.0
What we did today:
Flight Number: 24
Flight Hours:1.4
Solo Hours: 0.0
Instructor Hours:1.8
Landings: 8
Solo Landings: 0.0
What we did today:
- Soft and Short field takeoffs/landings
- Engine out emergency
- Forward slip to landing
- Standard takeoff/landing
- Engine out. Nailed it!
- Soft field takeoffs were OK
- Short field landings were...sorta ok
- Regular landing went pretty well. Rick says if you practice short/soft field landings then your regular landing gets better and I think that's about right.
- Speed and altitude control in the pattern was much improved. Flying the reciprocal of the landing runway is helping a ton.
- Rick said that my landings were within tolerance for a check ride. That surprised me since I think they're OK but nothing to right home about. I guess getting it on the ground so you can use it again is good enough! Long term, this is an area I intend to focus on. i don't have to ace every landing but I want them to mostly be smooth and controlled.
- Nothing horrid today.
- I am having trouble keeping off the brakes. I ride them during takeoff and am on them too early and too hard when landing. The Skycatcher rudder pedals are super easy to press and kick in the brakes. I need to keep just my toes on the pedals during T/O and landing.
- Toes on the rudders.
- Keep getting the pattern straighter
- Cracking down on memorization of aircraft systems
Comments
Post a Comment